UPMC Harrisburg, located in downtown Harrisburg, is a full-service acute care hospital with 409 beds. The hospital serves as the hub for the UPMC network, providing the most advanced care to the residents throughout south central Pennsylvania.
UPMC Harrisburg features:
- A state-of-the-art Labor and Delivery area with a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- World-class cardiology care through UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute.
- The region’s premier kidney transplant center.
- Advanced pediatric care with UPMC Children’s Harrisburg in partnership with nationally recognized UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, including a pediatric ICU.
- Leading-edge care in neurosciences, women’s care, comprehensive stroke care, and more.
This campus is also home to the Alex Grass Medical Sciences Building, which includes:
- Bone, Joint, and Spine Institutes
- Laboratory services
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Select Medical rehab services
UPMC Harrisburg has achieved its fourth consecutive Magnet® designation from the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program® in 2021. Receiving Magnet Recognition is one of the highest achievements a hospital can obtain in professional nursing.